Focus of Work
Dr. Catalona is currently conducting research into the genetics of prostate cancer which could lead to new tests for the disease as well as possible new means of treating or preventing prostate cancer. He specializes in prostate cancer surgery and is recognized as an expert in performing the "nerve-sparing" radical prostatectomy that can preserve sexual potency.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
Education and Certification
- MD: Yale University School of Medicine (1968)
- Internship: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Surgery (1969)
- Residency: Univ. of CA-San Francisco Med. Ctr., Surgery (1970)
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Urology (1976)
- Board Certification: Urology
Clinic (for patients): 312-695-8146
Administrative office: 312-695-6124
NMH/Galter Room 20-150
675 N Saint Clair
Chicago IL 60611