Do targeted ES cells and/or knockout mice already exist for your gene?
- Targeted ES cells generated through the KOMP initiative can be found through theUCDavis repository or International Knockout Mouse Consortium
- Knockout lines generated through the KOMP2 initiative can be found through the DTCC consortium or International Knockout Mouse Consortium
- Cryoarchived lines from any of these resources can be shipped to our lab for cryorecovery
Initiating a project
Information you need to provide to initiate a project:
- A completed Gene Targeting request form submitted to
- Purified electroporation DNA: ~100µg total, linearized, purified DNA prepared at a concentration of at least 2µg/μl sterile TE
- Evidence of a robust screening assay for analysis of homologous recombination in selected clones. It is incumbent up on the investigator to develop a sensitive screening assay and to demonstrate the ability of probes to detect control (wild-type) DNA in 2-5µg genomic DNA isolated from a 96 well plate (Protocol). 96 well practice plates are available upon request. Email us to request practice plates.
- TTML staff provides guidance and advice on targeting vector design, screening strategies, and data interpretation.
Once the completed request form and purified DNA is received, we will:
- Review your screening assay
- Verify DNA concentration by fluorometry and assess targeting vector integrity by gel electrophoresis; DNA of inadequate concentration or purity will be returned
- Schedule electroporation