The Genomics Core at the Center for Genetic Medicine is a shared resource facility that provides genomic services to investigators at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and external users. Our goal is to facilitate the utilization of the state-of-the-art technologies in genomics research by Northwestern faculty and researchers nationwide at a competitive price and in a timely fashion.
The Genomics Core Facility offers a multitude of genomic services, including a range of traditional sequencing and fragment analysis options using our ABI 3730 high-throughput sequencer, sequencing with the Ion Torrent System, analysis for gene expression, methylation and SNP studies using Affymetrix technology and the Illumina iScan system, and validation of methylation and SNP analyses using the Sequenom MassARRAY4 system.
We strive to provide all of our customers with fast, accurate results. Our Tecan Freedom EVO system, which automates the setup of up all Illumina genotyping and methylation reactions, allows the Core to increase productivity. We can also measure the concentration of any sample using our Nanodrop system.
New Traditional Sequencing Sample Submission System
Effective September 1st, 2014 the Genomics Core Facility will utilize a new sample submission system, GeneSifter Lab Edition (GSLE) from PerkinElmer, for Traditional Sequencing service. GSLE system has a user friendly interface and provides the following features:
- Separate forms for Premix reactions, Complex reactions and full and half plate sequencing
- Option to upload sample information from an excel spreadsheet
- Sample tracking
- Simplified data management with results files separated by order
- Ability to download multiple files at one time
- Ability to view results and compare quality within the software
All users are encouraged to make the transition to GSLE (GeneSifter Lab Edition) system before the deadline of 9/1/14. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance and account setup.
Please Note: Corefac will not be available after the deadline, so please back up your results before 9/1/14.
Please Click Here for more information and for quick reference and descriptive manuals.
During the past few months, the Genomics Core Facility has worked very hard to enhance our service options to benefit the Northwestern research community. We are very excited to share several changes and offerings at the Core. Please see announcements below for more details.
- The Genomics Core Facility receives accreditation from the College of American Pathologists
- New 24 hour drop-off for Sanger Sequencing!
- Extended 7900HT RT-PCR hours
- Check out our new pricing & services with Pre-mixed reactions at $3.70!
- Visit our new facility!
- qPCR Office Hours at the Genomics Core Facility
- Unlocking the Genome - read the feature article in the Northwestern University Research Newsletter