The Genomics Core at the Center for Genetic Medicine is a shared resource facility that provides genomic services to investigators at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and external users. Our goal is to facilitate the utilization of the state-of-the-art technologies in genomics research by Northwestern faculty and researchers nationwide at a competitive price and in a timely fashion.
The Genomics Core Facility offers a multitude of genomic services, including a range of traditional sequencing and fragment analysis options using our ABI 3730 high-throughput sequencer, sequencing with the Ion Torrent System, analysis for gene expression, methylation and SNP studies using Affymetrix technology and the Illumina iScan system, and validation of methylation and SNP analyses using the Sequenom MassARRAY4 system.
We strive to provide all of our customers with fast, accurate results. Our Tecan Freedom EVO system, which automates the setup of up all Illumina genotyping and methylation reactions, allows the Core to increase productivity. We can also measure the concentration of any sample using our Nanodrop system.
During the past few months, the Genomics Core Facility has worked very hard to enhance our service options to benefit the Northwestern research community. We are very excited to share several changes and offerings at the Core. Please see announcements below for more details.
- The Genomics Core Facility receives accreditation from the College of American Pathologists
- New 24 hour drop-off for Sanger Sequencing!
- Extended 7900HT RT-PCR hours
- Check out our new pricing & services with Pre-mixed reactions at $3.70!
- Visit our new facility!
- qPCR Office Hours at the Genomics Core Facility
- Unlocking the Genome - read the feature article in the Northwestern University Research Newsletter
- Toward Individualized Medicine: An Update on Current Cancer Panels and Single Cell Genomics, July 11, 2014
The CAP Certification Mark is a service mark owned by CAP and is used pursuant to a license from CAP.